It is not a secret that one of the most common male reproductive system diseases is prostatitis which is also known as inflammatory disorder of a prostate gland. More than 60% of men all over the world experience prostatitis during their lifetime and it’s very important to know the truth about this disorder as it can cause lots of serious problems not only with reproductive health and fertility but with the whole genitourinary system. Our site is unofficial community for people who know about their diagnosis or want to learn more about different forms of prostatitis and its symptoms to prevent it in time.
As it was stated above prostatitis is a widely spread disease which concerns every man and you should better learn more to treat it effectively. We collect only useful articles on prostatitis causes, prostatitis treatment, prostatitis symptoms, prostate massage techniques etc. Do not be shy to ask any questions about prostatodynia (it’s a medical term for prostatitis) commenting our articles or just post your questions in our prostatitis forum where professional urologists will give you correct answers and supply you with detailed instructions how to treat swelling of the prostate gland, massage prostate or suggest a proper diet for prostate health. I moderate all forum discussions and all information materials so you can be sure that it’s not just advertising but these techniques, pills and devices work for many people.
According to international classification of prostatitis types the following categories of prostatitis are defined by healthcare providers: acute bacterial prostatitis; chronic bacterial prostatitis; chronic prostatitis which is also known as chronic pelvic pain and symptomatic inflammatory prostatitis.
If you want to diagnose prostatitis on the fist stage to prevent serious sequellaes such as prostate cancer you should pay attention to prostatitis symptoms which are quite evident and very often related discomfort and pain in pelvic area, urination and ejaculation. To be more exact, the following symptoms will alarm you that it’s time to visit your urologist:
- Dysuria is characterized by burning pain when you are pissing. If you have evident symptoms of dysyria you are to visit urologist. Do not wait as it can be not only the symptom of prostatitis but it’s also know as a symptom of some sexually transmitted diseases.
- The other symptom of prostatitis dribbling or hesitant urination and it’s characterized by difficulties with urination.
- If you go to the toilet too frequent at night it the symptom of nocturia – another well-known sign of prostate swelling. It’s also characterized by urgent need to urinate.
- Pain makes you feel discomfort in lower back, groin or abdomen and this pain can be very strong. Proper medication will sort out this problem and you will forget about pain.
- Perineum is characterized by burning pain in the area between rectum and penis, discomfort in penis. This pain can make you sexual life very poor as it is impossible to be happy when you think only about pain and how to get rid of it.
- Painful ejaculations is another symptom which spoils sexual health and life of any man in the world. When you are waiting for pain not for orgasm it’s not a better way to have strong and healthy sexual relations with women.
But there are also some special symptoms for every type of prostatitis which are specified below:
- Symptoms of acute bacterial prostatitis are different because they appear when infection comes and characterized by high temperature. You feel like being ill with flue or fever: vomiting, nausea, chills, feeling unwell.
- Chronic bacterial prostatitis is different from other types by infections of unitary tract and a man feel its symptoms only during the onset of infection while all other time he can feel no discomfort which can be associated with prostatitis.
- Chronic prostatitis is diagnosed when the symptoms last for more than two-three months. It does not mean that these symptoms will be of the same strength all the time as sometimes you can feel even better without treatment. But unfortunately it’s impossible to improve your health without proper medical treatment.
- If you have asymptomatic inflammatory prostatitis you do not feel any symptoms such as pain of difficulties with urination. The only way to diagnose this type of prostatitis is to undergo special tests which will help to find inflammation of the prostate gland.
If experience any symptoms specified above you have to visit a doctor (urologist or andrologist) as every form of prostatitis can be dangerous for your reproductive health and it can make you r usual life worse. Just think about: “Are you ready to sleep bad doing to the toilet every two hours? Are you ready to feel pain every minute of the day while working of having free time? Do you want to have children and have a long and happy sexual live with your beloved?” If you do not want to make you life a struggle for happiness you should visit a doctor to undergo special prostatitis tests and get a proper treatment.
Before going to a doctor male a list of all questions you want to clarify with him. Do not be shy, swelling of prostate grand is a disease which can concern any man. According to different data from 50% to 90% of all males in the world meet this problem during their life. And you should do your best become healthy. Tell your doctor about:
- The symptoms you feel that may concern pelvic pain. Do not forget about anything as it can be very important for your doctor to plan your treatment.
- Doctor should know more about you and about your general health and diseases you experienced during your life. If you experience stress or have a bad diet these are important details and your doctor should know about it.
- Do not forget to tell him about pills, supplements and vitamins your taking.
There are special tests which will help your doctor diagnose prostatitis and you should know about them to be ready to undergo them. The following tests are used by urologists to diagnose any form of prostatitis:
- Prostatitis symptom questionnaire is widely used to get required information about symptoms. It’s a list of different questions to clarify certain prostatitis symptoms and special factors that can be the cause of it. Of course, it takes some time to fill this form but it will help you doctor greatly.
- Another popular prostatitis test is digital rectal exam. The doctor inserts a finger into your rectum and examines it manually. He can examine the surface of prostate gland and feel if it is enlarged or inflamed. If your undergoing this test for the first time do not be afraid of discomfort as it is not painful and the doctor will do it very gently.
- To be sure about you diagnosis the doctor can ask you to undergo urine and semen test. He can ask you to provide him with examples of urine and semen to test for white blood cells and bacteria. Usually urologists take these samples before and after prostate massaging.
- Cystoscopy is a test made with the help of a special device known as a cystoscope. It’s a thin tube a small camera and a light which is inserting into a rectum to examine the bladder and prostate gland. This test is used to learn more about all possible reasons which cause prostatitis symptoms.
- Urodynamic test is a test which shows your doctor how successfully you can empty your bladder. It will show how serious is your disease and it will also help the doctor to understand the nature of you prostatitis symptoms.
Possible treatment will differ on forms of prostatitis:
- Acute bacterial prostatitis and chronic bacterial prostatitis are treated with different types of antibiotics. If you feel too bad and the symptoms are very painful you will hospitalized and treated with strong antibiotics. After that you are to take oral antibiotics prescribed by your doctor.
- As for chronic prostatitis it’s very difficult to treat it and doctors mainly concentrate on its symptoms. For these reasons the following medications and procedures are used:
- alpha blockers such as doxazosin (Cardura) and alfuzosin (Uroxatral);
- pain relievers include ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) and aspirin;
- prostatic massage which can be done by your doctor or you can stimulate your prostate with a special prostate massage tool at home;
- other treatments using microwave devices and special drugs.
For more information about prostatitis surf through our site and prostatitis blog to find all answers to your questions.